The Aims of UAA are:
- Promote urology in Asia together with every Asian urological association.
- To narrow the gap in standard care and urological training.
- In long term: keep improving care of patients & training in urology.
How we plan to accomplish these aims:
- Established a standard format of the Scientific Congress of the UAA.
- Set guidelines for patient care
- Send teams of visiting clinicians to less developed regions
- Collaborate with other major urological organization: EAU, SIU,AUA, & Australasia.
- Develope training centers for sub-specialty in urology: Endo / Onco / Reconstructive & Pediatric, etc.
- Initiate data collection through multi-center studies
- Set a standard in urological training (Fellow of Board of Urology of Asia)
- Scientific program
- Faculty members : 60% Asian
- Integrated meeting ofsub-specialty society (Endo/Onco/Pediatric/Female/Infection etc)
- EAU/SIU/UAA lecture
- Sponsored symposia
- Nurse symposia & workshop
- Uro-oncology / Prostate cancer was published in 2000
- Next: BPH / Stone / Neuro & Female urology, etc.
- A small group of volunteer urologists interested in specific topic / skill go to less developed region to share their experience & mentoring local urologists.
- Eg : Endo-urology / Uro-oncology / Reconstructive & Pediatric.
- By giving invited lecture such as EAU lecture, SIU lecture.
- In return, UAA (international committee) will appoint a prominent Asian speaker to deliver UAA lecture during EAU & SIU meeting.
- Next: sharing the experience in organization management, scientific development, training, & funding.
- At this moment the Singapore Urological Association as well as Malaysian Urological Association offer a short term scholarship for this purpose.
- Next : We hope that other country such as Japan, Korea & India will follow this program
- Clinical as well as basic science
Some already started : Prostate cancer, Bladder cancer, Renal cancer, ED, BPH, and Incontinence.
- Next: Role of Herbal medicine & Diet in specific urological disease
- Current situation :
Basic surgery : 1-3 years
Urology : 3-4 years
With exit exam (written and skill)
- Future plans:
Which technique should be acquired by general urologist